Sunday, August 5, 2012

Mars Birthday!

Mars Rover Curiosity was scheduled to land the day after my birthday.  I showed my kids the Seven Minutes of Terror video.  They were fascinated and intrigued.  Both kids wanted to know more about Mars, space and the planets.

W kept associating the landing of Curiosity with my birthday.  He would come up to me with great anticipation and say "Mom, are you ready for your MARS BIRTHDAY?!?"

Clearly, I had to make a Mars Rover Curiosity cake to celebrate my big day.


I used the same Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Cake that I used for W's birthday.   I tinted the leftover Magnolia Bakery frosting and used extra chocolate rocks too!  (talk about frugal!)   We happened to have a little rover toy that W got from the Children's Discovery Museum.  It worked perfectly on the cake.  M took care of the flag and awesome alien!

Overall, it was a great cake!  This time there were even leftovers for me to enjoy the next day!


No comments: