Saturday, July 30, 2011

Cars Birthday Party - Serious Labor of Love

My son wanted a Cars themed #3 birthday party.  I was happy to oblige.  I love a theme!   I went a bit overboard, the main culprit being these cardboard race car boxes.


I estimate it took me six hours (in small increments) to make six cars.   I created Lightening McQueen, Sally, Red, Mater, Guido and Luigi.

Below are some photos of the building process.

I then decorated the backyard with cones, a racecar "audience" consisting of cars characters printed out and taped to the house, and race flags.   We also had 're-fueling stations" for drinks.  Guests could drink Rust-eze water, Cars juice boxes, motor oil (iced tea) or old fashioned beer and wine for model-T cars!

Lunch was served in "Flo's Cafe"  We had Dinoco dinosaur nuggets, McQueen's Mac and Cheese, Filmore's Peace Fruit Salad and Prince Wheel-iam's cake!  There was also a tower of mini-chocolate donuts to represent Luigi's tire shop.

In addition to playing outside with the cars, kids could visit Mater's tow shop to play with toy cars or Ramone's detailing shop.  At Ramone's, guests could get Cars tattoos and decorate little wooden cars to take home.

Each guest got a goodie bag with Cars fruit snacks, a hot wheel and some Cars stickers.









Yes, I realize I spelled TOW-Mater incorrectly.  I got distracted, work interfered with my social life, I have no excuse.

No comments: